Total newbie,, ph reducer

Problems relating to pH and total alkalinity.
Increase ph, increase TA. Reduce pH, reduce TA.
pH chemistry advice and techniques for the pool.
dazzelknight00
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Outdoor 30ftx15ft fully tiled

Total newbie,, ph reducer

Postby dazzelknight00 » Sat 15 Apr, 2023 02:25

Hello all
Iv just become a new pool owner and need some help !. The pool is cloudy so I took a ph reading and it’s very high 10.1!. Iv bought some ph reducer but I’m having trouble calculating how much to use.. Iv made these calculations,, pool is 30ftx15ftx4ft taking it to 1800ft3 which converts to 50000lt (I hope I’m doing this right !) . The product I bought is from suds-online and it states to use 45g per litre. But my thinking is it doesn’t take into consideration what the original pool ph level is??. So says the pool is ph8.5 or ph10.1 or any number higher then the 7.4 sweet spot then surely this would affect how much I should use.. could any of u people help me.

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: Total newbie,, ph reducer

Postby Denniswiseman » Sat 15 Apr, 2023 10:42

Use Pool Maths to work out how much to use (it gives a starting point and a target)
Don't overdo it take a few goes at it and check after each one to determine where you're at
Teapot1
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12000 gallons vinyl liner,

Re: Total newbie,, ph reducer

Postby Teapot1 » Sat 15 Apr, 2023 11:54

The pH scale is logarithmic not linear so each increment is 10x the amount so initially you'll use a lot more then less and less as you approach your target figure.
That is a very high pH, almost caustic, I would like to know why, can you post water test results and hope you are not using dip strips. Most test kits do not go as high as pH10 so interested to know more.
I may not give you the answer you want to hear, but I will give an honest opinion of your situation as you decribe it.

Return to “pH & Total Alkalinity”