Can't Raise PH levels / soft water

Problems relating to pH and total alkalinity.
Increase ph, increase TA. Reduce pH, reduce TA.
pH chemistry advice and techniques for the pool.
Chrispl36

Postby Chrispl36 » Sat 27 Jun, 2009 21:47

Ok I added ph plus around 6 lbs and the ph is up to approx 6.25. where did all the stuff in the pool come from I cann't hardly see the bottem of the pool now. I'm going to shock it now and test again in the morning.

chem geek
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader

Postby chem geek » Sun 28 Jun, 2009 12:20

If your TA is high, then just aerate to get the pH higher or you can use 20 Mule Team Borax, but don't add any more pH Up as that will increase TA too much. Yes, shock using chlorinating liquid or bleach as these do not increase Cyanuric Acid (CYA) nor Calcium Hardness (CH).
Mcguiver

Postby Mcguiver » Wed 28 May, 2014 16:48

Been also having trouble getting and keeping my ph up. I'll give this a try. Just happened to have a spare piece of PVC pipe and 2 elbows. The elbow od just fit inside the jet nozzle and the pipe is held to a weighted bucket of water via bungees. Hey, now I have a waterfall :thumbup:
Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Postby Denniswiseman » Sat 31 May, 2014 11:02

Hi

I use a powerful pond aerator to increase my PH
Serenna

Re: Can't Raise PH levels / soft water

Postby Serenna » Fri 21 Apr, 2017 11:28

I've been having the same problem water is cloudy and oh low have been a aerating 3 hours and I'm already starting to see bottom of my pool, love this tip. Thanks

Return to “pH & Total Alkalinity”