pool leak

Problems relating to pH and total alkalinity.
Increase ph, increase TA. Reduce pH, reduce TA.
pH chemistry advice and techniques for the pool.
JimA

pool leak

Postby JimA » Mon 05 May, 2008 07:41

I am an architect with a client who has just installed a 50x8x4foot deep in-ground, indoor swimming pool. He has determined that he is loosing about 300 gallons per week due to a leak. All the installers we have approached tell us this an acceptable amount. Should we give up trying to find and repair such a leak?

crofty

Re: pool leak

Postby crofty » Sat 10 Jan, 2009 19:57

JimA wrote:I am an architect with a client who has just installed a 50x8x4foot deep in-ground, indoor swimming pool. He has determined that he is loosing about 300 gallons per week due to a leak. All the installers we have approached tell us this an acceptable amount. Should we give up trying to find and repair such a leak?

Just fix the leak no mater how much it cost
the pool owner contracted you to build him / her a pool
and no matter what any one siad if propper care was taken in the construction there would be no leak!!
muss08
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby muss08 » Wed 21 Jan, 2009 07:57

Are you sure this is a leak and not evaporation? Do you live in a hot or dry climate? If my math is correct the pool is losing a little under an inch a week which can be evaporation. I'm in maryland and during the summer months (very hot) the residential pool will lose 1/2-1in. a week. Have you heard of the bucket test? Fill a bucket with water and place next to the pool. Mark the water level in the bucket and the pool. After 5-7 days check the amount of water loss in the bucket and see if it coincides with the water loss in the pool.
APSP Certified Service Pro
Jandy Tech School
Pentair Tech Training
Raypak Heater School
5 yrs experience

Return to “pH & Total Alkalinity”