Mini pool problems

Chlorinating, maintaining the right chlorine levels,
chlorine problems. Dichlor, trichlor, cal hypo, bleach,
granules, chlorine pucks and chlorine sticks.
happyhourgirl6
I'm new here
I'm new here

Mini pool problems

Postby happyhourgirl6 » Sat 25 Jun, 2016 00:42

So I bought a house with a VERY SMALL POOL. It is about 15' x 7' x 4' depth. We live in Southern California not too far from Palm Springs. It can get very hot at times (115). This pool has caused me nothing but problems. I get it clear blue for a couple of days and then it turns green. Seems like the chlorine from testing it is there in the evening, but by midday the test strip shows zero chlorine! I am ready to throw in the towel, but do enjoy getting in it on hot days and evenings. I thought it was because the neighbors tree caused major debris, but the new neighbors cut the tree domn and we are still dealing with this BS! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: Mini pool problems

Postby Denniswiseman » Sun 26 Jun, 2016 09:46

How much stabilisor (Cyanuric acid) in the pool as the UV from the sun eats the chlorine
Have you tried slamming the pool http://www.troublefreepool.com/content/125-slam-shock-level-and-maintain-shockingl

Return to “Chlorine”