How many chlorine tablets should I use?

Chlorinating, maintaining the right chlorine levels,
chlorine problems. Dichlor, trichlor, cal hypo, bleach,
granules, chlorine pucks and chlorine sticks.
Rhodog2612
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Intex 3,834 Litre Swimming Pool (3 X 2 X 0,75 Meters)

How many chlorine tablets should I use?

Postby Rhodog2612 » Wed 15 Apr, 2020 07:48

Hi there everyone,

I'm completely new to the whole chlorine idea and have found it a little confusing from my initial searches online, so I was hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction. The closest I've ever got to pool cleaning is tipping the water out of my 2-year-olds paddling pool and replacing it with new!

We have just bought a new swimming pool for our garden to enjoy with the kids.

The pool is an Intex pool, with the dimensions 3 X 2 X 0,75 Meters, with a capacity of 1,013 Gallons (3,834 Litres)

I'd like to buy a floating chlorine dispenser along with some tablets, but I'm wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of the cheapest ones available that are of high quality, and tell me how many tablets I should use for the amount of water the pool will hold.

I've thought about buying a 5 inch Bestway Chemical Floater from Amazon, but would this work well? And if so, what size or type of chlorine tablets would I need to go along with it?

Could anyone help me out by any chance?

Thank you in advance!

Regards,
Jay

HaroonSharif
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 5.5 Ft by 9ft (Height 2 Feet)
Intex Pool
Intex Filter

Re: How many chlorine tablets should I use?

Postby HaroonSharif » Sat 20 Jun, 2020 15:35

Hi Jay,

I am in the same situation. I also bought an Intex pool (Almost the same dimensions 5.5ft x 9ft x 2 ft). Also trying to figure out which tablets to use and how many.
Let me know if you have figured it out.

I fond Aquatabs tablets from a local pharmacy (Water purification tablets) which says 1 Tablet 8.68gm will disinfect 1000-1250 ltr or clean water at a dose of 4-5mg/l available chlorine.
Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: How many chlorine tablets should I use?

Postby Denniswiseman » Sun 21 Jun, 2020 03:18

Basicly all the tabs have the same, you need to test to see what quantity is required. All should have a dosing amount on the package
Excessive CYA renders your chlorine ineffective and you have to use more to get the same sanitation
For every 10 ppm Free Chlorine (FC) added by Trichlor, it also increases Cyanuric Acid (CYA) by 6 ppm.
For every 10 ppm FC added by Dichlor, it also increases CYA by 9 ppm.
For every 10 ppm FC added by Cal-Hypo, it also increases Calcium Hardness (CH) by at least 7 ppm
To reduce your CYA you have to do a partial drain and refill
Chlorine / CYA Chart and
Recommended Pool Levels
When you have your CYA at the right level. Use these common products to balance your pool
Liquid chlorine (sodium hypochlorite or plain bleach)
Muriatic acid (hydrochloric acid) to lower pH and TA
Bicarbonate of soda to raise TA
Aeration will raise pH only
Soda ash will raise pH and TA

Return to “Chlorine”