High Chlorine demand

Chlorinating, maintaining the right chlorine levels,
chlorine problems. Dichlor, trichlor, cal hypo, bleach,
granules, chlorine pucks and chlorine sticks.
Tklein

High Chlorine demand

Postby Tklein » Sun 01 Jul, 2007 08:54

I have an 18,000 gal. inground pool. This is my third season. For some reason, this season, the water is clear but I am going through alot of chlorine just to keep it in the pool. Water did turn cloudy a few weaks ago but a good shocking cleared it up. All levels are good including CYA. Can pink or white slim eat up the chlorine.

Done487
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby Done487 » Sun 01 Jul, 2007 20:15

Hi, I have heard this term before. I had clear water but couldn't get chlorine to register. The pool company had an anylizer and they told me I had a chlorine demand issue. At first they told me to add two cases of liquid shock (8 gal.), that didn't work, they then told me to add more, so the next night I added 24 gallons, that finally did it. It sounds unreal but that is what I had to do.

This year I am having a problem with no chlorine showing up again. Last year I had high hardness and had to drain nearly three feet of water from my five foot deep pool........I'm headed to the pool company tomorrow with a sample... now what, the wife says to fill it in. :shock:
18,000 gallon 16x32 with a 5ft deep end.

Return to “Chlorine”