liquid,granular and cyn

Chlorinating, maintaining the right chlorine levels,
chlorine problems. Dichlor, trichlor, cal hypo, bleach,
granules, chlorine pucks and chlorine sticks.
pucklordofchoas
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast

liquid,granular and cyn

Postby pucklordofchoas » Mon 30 Jul, 2007 12:24

if youa re useing a stabilized liquid or granular chlorine, should you have to add CYN or will the CYN in the chlorine be enough to maintain your levels, and only add CYN when adjustments are needed?

Backglass
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Re: liquid,granular and cyn

Postby Backglass » Mon 30 Jul, 2007 14:07

pucklordofchoas wrote:if youa re useing a stabilized liquid or granular chlorine, should you have to add CYN or will the CYN in the chlorine be enough to maintain your levels, and only add CYN when adjustments are needed?

CYA never goes away or degrades. It just builds up. Anything "stabilized" contains CYA and will add to what you already have. You only lose CYA through draining and minimally, splash-out.

If your CYA is perfect, you should use regular chlorine (no stabilizer) and only add CYA manually if necessary. I used pucks when I first opened my pool (new house) as it had a CYA of zero and I needed all I could get. As soon as my CYA hit 30, I switched to liquid chlorine (bleach).
===============================
I'm no expert...just a long time pool owner. The real experts are at www . troublefreepool . com

Download Bleachcalc free at troublefreepool . com /files/BleachCalc262.exe and start saving money on chemicals.

Return to “Chlorine”