Skin irritation and Stinging eyes

Chlorinating, maintaining the right chlorine levels,
chlorine problems. Dichlor, trichlor, cal hypo, bleach,
granules, chlorine pucks and chlorine sticks.
Simon M

Postby Simon M » Mon 03 Aug, 2009 15:51

Hi I have noticed only in the last week our indoor pool, when sat in pool vacinity the atomosphere hurts your eyes. I have tested the pool and the ph is 7.2, but cant seem to get chlorine reading very high at all. Though it feels in the atmosphere their is too much>>>? :shock:

superdoopie
Pool Care Proficient
Pool Care Proficient

Postby superdoopie » Mon 03 Aug, 2009 19:30

Shock the pool. It sounds like you have high combined chlorine.
all blue pools

Postby all blue pools » Sun 23 Aug, 2009 12:53

indoor pool can be a real pain. with large bather loads and trying to keep sufficent chlorine killing power in the pool wihout hurting swimmers. the water can be balanced and then boom 20 swimmers; it is like trying to set the thermostat in a large room to make everyone happy. more people need s more cooling. more swimmers needs more chlorine. it would be nice if you could instantly change the levels of chemicals to accomadate the swimm load. BUT...
THERE IS A WAY IT IS "SALT" IF SALT WOULD BE ADDED TO THE POOL 1500-2500 PPM YOU WOULD NEVER HAVE ANY THING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT CAUSE YOU WOULD NOT FEEL THE EFFECTS OF THE CHEMICALS ON YOUR BODY. SALT CAUSES THE BODY TO PRODUCES A THIN LAYER OVER THE SKIN THAT PROTECTS THE EYES AND SKIN IT IS THE UNTOLD SECRET IN THE POOL INDUSTRY. WITH-OUT IT SAME OLD THING DIFFERNT DAY SCNERIO, HIGH CHLORINE BURNING EYES, ITCHY SKIN, DRY SKIN.
SWIMMER: OH, WHAT DID YOU DO TO THE WATER???
POOL MAN : JUST ADDED CHEMICALS NECCESSARY TO THE POOL
SWIMMER: MY EYES HURT, MY SKIN IS ITCHY , CAN YOU DO SOMTHING??
POOL MAN: SURE I WIL TAKE CARE OF IT!!

IT IS THE AGE OLD RIVAL ENOUGH CHEMS TO CONTROL BACTERIA BUT NOT TOO MUCH TOO MUCH FOR SWIMMER DIS COMFORT. SALT WILL CHANGE THIS SITUATION, GUARANTEED.

THE POOL IND, WANTS A SALE HERE BUT JUST FOR SIMPLE DOLLARS THE POOL MAN CAN DO HIS JOB AND SWIMMERS CAN ENJOY THERE POOL AND NEVER THE TWO SHOULD MEET EXCEPT TO TELL THE POOL MAN GREAT! JOB! THE WATERS GREAT!!!!
chem geek
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader

Postby chem geek » Sun 23 Aug, 2009 18:35

See this post. Salt is not a panacea and has nothing to do with chlorine effectiveness.

Return to “Chlorine”