USEFULLNESS OF FLOATING CHLORINATORS

Chlorinating, maintaining the right chlorine levels,
chlorine problems. Dichlor, trichlor, cal hypo, bleach,
granules, chlorine pucks and chlorine sticks.
DARTH DOUGY
I'm new here
I'm new here

USEFULLNESS OF FLOATING CHLORINATORS

Postby DARTH DOUGY » Fri 28 Sep, 2007 12:29

Hi...new pool owner here, and I have a question about the usefullness of floating chlorinators.

I have been testing my water regularly, and have been shocking the pool about once a week when the FAC level gets too low. I also have two floating chlorinators with 3" tabs in each one.

I thought that these two chloinators would help regulate the level by constantly releasing chlorine in the water. Thefore, outside of the shocking I would not need to add anything since it would be maintained. Well, it seems like they don't add that much, and the water loses its chlorine fast.

Here is my question -- do I need to add chlorine to the water between shocks and just forget about the floaters?

:?:

mr_clean
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby mr_clean » Sat 29 Sep, 2007 09:16

Hi...new pool owner here, and I have a question about the usefullness of floating chlorinators.

I have been testing my water regularly, and have been shocking the pool about once a week when the FAC level gets too low. I also have two floating chlorinators with 3" tabs in each one.

I thought that these two chloinators would help regulate the level by constantly releasing chlorine in the water. Thefore, outside of the shocking I would not need to add anything since it would be maintained. Well, it seems like they don't add that much, and the water loses its chlorine fast.

Here is my question -- do I need to add chlorine to the water between shocks and just forget about the floaters?

If you use liquide chlorine and check your chemicals weekly, you would have no need to shock your pool all the time and you could use one tab float with 1 tab just to help keep chlorine boosted.

Return to “Chlorine”