White scale at bottom of pool liner

Total hardness and calcium hardness in pool water.
Scale, calcium buildup, hard water and scaling problems.
captainfantasticman

White scale at bottom of pool liner

Postby captainfantasticman » Sat 18 Mar, 2006 18:29

I just took off the cover on my above ground pool and was totally shocked at what I saw. The water was black and after dumping in a couple pounds of shock treatment...it cleared very little...just enough to see the bottom and the bottom has a white scale on it that will not brush off. Someone help me! I never seen it like this before and I need to know what the problems may be. My water is hard by the way, but I never had this problem before.

Pool Help

Scale problem

Postby Pool Help » Sun 19 Mar, 2006 04:34

It sounds like you have high pH and/or high total alkalinity. These levels result in rapid scaling, especially in non-winterized pools.

Did you winterize at pool closing? If so, did the winterizing chemicals include an anti-scaling agent?
FranC

Re: Scale problem

Postby FranC » Thu 17 Jul, 2008 18:32

Pool Help wrote:It sounds like you have high pH and/or high total alkalinity. These levels result in rapid scaling, especially in non-winterized pools.

Did you winterize at pool closing? If so, did the winterizing chemicals include an anti-scaling agent?

I have the same problem. The pool was winterized and I now have scale. How can I get rid of the scale?

Return to “Hard Pool Water & Scale”