White Flakes

Total hardness and calcium hardness in pool water.
Scale, calcium buildup, hard water and scaling problems.
nolan

White Flakes

Postby nolan » Mon 13 Aug, 2007 13:08

I too am having white flakes in my pool, i vacum them up and they come right back. I tasted one and it seems to be scale/calcium build up that is breaking loose and shooting out through the returns.
Is there anyway to rid myself of this problem? I talked with a pool service company and they told me to drain the pool but if i am putting the same supply water back whats the point?
Please help..

Thanks,
Brent

mr_clean
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby mr_clean » Thu 16 Aug, 2007 19:49

adjust ph to 7.4 and add 1qt super stainout which helps remove metals from water. Then start using it as suggested on bottle for future.
Backglass
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Re: White Flakes

Postby Backglass » Thu 16 Aug, 2007 19:53

nolan wrote:I too am having white flakes in my pool, i vacum them up and they come right back. I tasted one and it seems to be scale/calcium build up that is breaking loose and shooting out through the returns.
Is there anyway to rid myself of this problem? I talked with a pool service company and they told me to drain the pool but if i am putting the same supply water back whats the point?
Please help..

Thanks,
Brent

If you have scaling of this magnitude, you need to check your calcium hardness and ph to make sure both are where they should be. Are you on well water by chance?

Please post a full set of test numbers so we can see where your water is at.
===============================
I'm no expert...just a long time pool owner. The real experts are at www . troublefreepool . com

Download Bleachcalc free at troublefreepool . com /files/BleachCalc262.exe and start saving money on chemicals.
pool tech

white flakes

Postby pool tech » Sat 06 Oct, 2007 14:27

What equiptment do you have on your pool. If you have a salt system I probably have an answer. But I need to know what equiptment you have, type of surface and your chem readings.

Return to “Hard Pool Water & Scale”