Crazy scale on waterfall after 1 day!!!

Total hardness and calcium hardness in pool water.
Scale, calcium buildup, hard water and scaling problems.
justjabbin
I'm new here
I'm new here

Crazy scale on waterfall after 1 day!!!

Postby justjabbin » Tue 28 Aug, 2007 13:06

TA 250, PH 7.8-8.0, Cl 3.0 ppm, hardness 200ppm, salt water pool 19,000 gal

Goal...elimanate scale and lower TA

THe water were I live is hard but I used sequ-sol to adjust water hardness from 400ppm to 200ppm. After running my waterfall for about 10 hours there is a tremendous amount of white scale all over the front of the waterfall. I have had pools in the past and the amount of white build up I have after one day looks like a year or two of build up in one day! Adjusting hardness has helped but scale is still really bad. I only get the scale on the parts of the waterfall where running water is and no where else in the pool. I have read that high TA can cause scale

I am trying to adjust my TA down to 100 by adding MA (added 2 gallons in last 24hours). .

I have read the topics on here to lower TA but am worried about using my waterfall to aerate. any suggestions. I live in Woodland Ca

Best,
Justjabbin

Best,
Justjabbin
justjabbin
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby justjabbin » Tue 28 Aug, 2007 13:18

Most importantly any suggestions on how to mimimize scale because I went from a rock waterfall to a white scale waterfall in one day :shock:
Best,

Justjabbin
fatybabe
Pool Care Proficient
Pool Care Proficient

Postby fatybabe » Wed 29 Aug, 2007 01:26

Very and simple way of preventing this from happening which i only recommend at worst case scenarios, drop your pH down to 4ppm.

Your water will become crystal clear again. BUt yet again even though you do this and then readjust your ph and TA to the right paramemetes the problem will just reappear with the water level hardness that you are experiencing.

As a long term measure try keeping your pH around 7.1 this will keep the calcium from depositing.

Return to “Hard Pool Water & Scale”