Viking Pool - Rough surface

Total hardness and calcium hardness in pool water.
Scale, calcium buildup, hard water and scaling problems.
Zeppelin_Heaven
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby Zeppelin_Heaven » Thu 31 Jul, 2008 11:22

There was a lot of dirt at the bottom of the pool. I vacuumed the dirt that had accumulated in the pool and it seems the grains of dirt is now stuck to the surface making it feel like sandpaper.

What can I do about this? The hardness of the pool is around 300ppm. I have brushed with a medium to hard intensity and it doesn't seem to be getting rid of the grit. I am afraid of using the brush at a continuous hard pace, scrubbing and scratching the surface unnecessarily.
Do I just continue scrubbing harder or is there a chemical that will detach the grit of dirt from the surface of the pool?

It's really annoying because my ceramic fiberglass pool always felt butter smooth. :(

Carmen R

Postby Carmen R » Sun 20 Sep, 2009 17:58

I have the same problem with my viking pool. did you every get any answers?
wboss71
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby wboss71 » Sat 20 Apr, 2013 03:28

Hello There,

I have seen this exact problem many times. Rather than repeat it all I would suggest looking at two websites. The first is www.thepoolstainremovers.com.au If you look under the about stains/calcium tab you will see a lot on information on what is causing the bottom of your pool to look and be that way. There is a picture in the gallery that shows the exact issue you have described. After that, www.lo-chlor.com.au has some information on how to get rid of it.

Feel free to ask me any other questions

Wade

Return to “Hard Pool Water & Scale”