Cleaning calcium on 6 ft wall that meets pool water

Total hardness and calcium hardness in pool water.
Scale, calcium buildup, hard water and scaling problems.
mfry
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 15 X 30 ft gunnite pool with 6 foot tall tile wall that meets pool water on the 30 ft side. Wall is a reataining wall. Pool has salt generator for producing cholorine and Jandy system for solar heating

Postby mfry » Sun 21 Jun, 2009 14:40

Hi, I have a 6 foot vertical wall that runs the length of my pool (about 30 ft). It's a textured type of tile with brown grout. It's very hard to clean from two standpoints....

1. have to put a ladder in pool for the deep end
2. the calcium coming through the wall from the back side is impossible to get off.

My pool guy got me some biodex 300 which seems to work great on the surface of the tile but the grout remains stained white. I've tried a small wire brush and scotch bright in the grout but can't get the white off the grout.

Is there something else I can try? Is there something that i can simply put over the grout to mask the calcium? Again, the tile looks fine but the grout has the white residue and areas of thick calcium build up. The wall meets the pool water so I want to be careful that i use something that doesn't kill my kids..

thanks in advance for any help

Aquaclear-NZ
Pool Care Proficient
Pool Care Proficient
My Pool: ingound, 50,000L, gas heated, low energy pump and cartridge filter

Postby Aquaclear-NZ » Tue 30 Jun, 2009 03:28

Its a bit of a major, however an acrylic rather than a cement based grout in your tiles will work a lot better than whta you currently have.
There is no quick and easy fix
Chocolate fish do not swim in hot water

Return to “Hard Pool Water & Scale”