or on the swimmers, or off-color swimming pool
water. Discolored but clear pool water.
mikeh1982
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Inflatable wading pool

Pink stains

Postby mikeh1982 » Thu 20 Jul, 2017 18:50

I have read through a few posts on this forum about the pink slime, so I am aware that it's bacterial and the methods for getting rid of it. But in my case, the actual slime is already gone. But what I am left with is the stained pink spotty discoloration all over on the bottom of my inflatable pool.

We don't have a "real" pool, just a little intex inflatable one. But we drained it about a week ago and put it away for storage after we "thought" it was dry. But guess it wasn't. We got rid of all the slime but now it looks like this on the bottom. This staining is alllllll over it.

We have tried wiping it with soap, hard-bristle brushes, even tried white vinegar, baking soda etc. nothing has even lightened the stains even a bit. Is this permanent? I just am wondering if there's another actual fix or if I should toss it. Because no matter if it's clean or not, I don't want to hang out in the pool with those stains.

Liviesmommy22

Re: Pink stains

Postby Liviesmommy22 » Wed 09 Aug, 2017 15:24

I have the same problem with an intex pool that I borrowed from a friend. Used it once and let it dry and now it's got pink stains all over the bottom. I have scrubbed it with comet and it is still there. It's almost as if the stains are in between the material in which I have no idea how to get rid of it. I know it's a bacteria which sucks bc I don't know how harmful it will be when they use it again. I hope you find an answer and in return I find one as well!
Bookie76
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: I have a kids inflatable pool that i blew up a few days ago. Filled it with a water hose and the kids swam in it. When they got done i let the water out and deflated it. Two days lster there are bright pink dots all over the bottom part of the pool. Im not sure if its algae, mold, bacteria or what. Im freaking out and just wanna throw the pool away. Any help will be appreciated.

Postby Bookie76 » Sun 21 Jul, 2019 21:52

Anyone ever find out what type of bacteria or other spore, algae etc this may be? This has me so worried. I have the pink stains in my kids blow up pool as well.
sktn77a
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast
My Pool: 15000 gal inground gunite/plaster (converted from concrete/acrylic). 1hp StaRite DuraGlass P2R pump, 24" Hayward Sand Filter, Teledyne-Laars 250k heater, Hayward CL200 chlorinator, Polaris 380 cleaner with Hayward 6060 booster pump.

Postby sktn77a » Wed 25 Sep, 2019 15:29

Pink stains are common on vinyl (pools, boat seats, etc). Vinegar and baking soda won't work on it. I'm surprised Comet did no good - bleach is usually the solution.

Return to “Pool Surface Staining & Discolored Pool Water”