I'm new here
My Pool: 50,000ltr
Wonky Rectangle shape
Concrete base / tiled top
Liquid Chlorine

Perfect water, PH ok, stains on concrete floor

Postby Rkk76 » Sat 24 Mar, 2018 19:20

Hi,
I have a 50,000ltr pool, concrete base, tiled top. I use liquid Chlorine and an automated filtration system. I have a kreepy Krawly. The filter / Krawly runs about 9 hours a day in summer and I use about 50/60 litres of chlorine a month. Ive been to Bunnings and tested my water, PH is in a good range and Ive topped up my stabiliser and anti-algacide a month ago.

My pool looks amazing when the sun is out, clean and the pool water is crystal clear. However in the shade you can see algi patches (green/brown) in patches on the floor of the pool.

Ive tried shocking several times with chlorine over the last few months but can't shift it. I really would prefer not to pay a pool person to come out. Any help would be awesome.

Happy to post pictures if that helps.

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: Perfect water, PH ok, stains on concrete floor

Postby Denniswiseman » Sun 25 Mar, 2018 02:42

First of all get a decent test kit (Taylor K2006C or TF 100) pool store testing is unreliable and if you slam will need testing many times a day
First of all place a puck on the patch overnight and see if it disappears to prove it's organic
Shocking isn't a single process you need to Slam (shock level and maintain) in relation to the Chlorine / CYA Chart and the Pool Levels
What are your numbers
FC:
TC:
pH:
TA:
CH:
CYA:
I have a 45k covered pool so my CYA is about 20 and chlorine usage is about 300ml a day. For you to have a similar sized pool and about 2litres a day chlorine usage would indicate that your CYA is excessive
Teapot
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12 x 24 (45m3) liner pool, Triton TR60 filter with AFM glass media (Activate) and variable speed pump running 0.08HP

Re: Perfect water, PH ok, stains on concrete floor

Postby Teapot » Mon 26 Mar, 2018 14:06

I second what Dennis said, full water results from your own test kit, take ownership of your pool.
You use far too much chlorine so maybe your figures will show why.
Why anti-algae, that just uses up more chlorine so there is less to actually work on the algae. It's a pool shop con. Chlorine is the best algaecide.

Return to “Pool Surface Staining & Discolored Pool Water”