Rust stains on fibreglass pool

Stains on the pool surfaces, pool equipment
or on the swimmers, or off-color swimming pool
water. Discolored but clear pool water.
judy306

Postby judy306 » Sun 28 Aug, 2011 16:32

I have about 10 rust stains on the bottom of my fiberglass pool. They are in the shallow end near the stairs. Any suggestions?

rosalind
Pool Care Proficient
Pool Care Proficient
My Pool: Private pool with 3.7 × 7.3 m

Postby rosalind » Wed 06 Jun, 2012 00:49

Mush wrote:Hi

A pool toy ripped leaving a lot of small metal balbearings on the bottom of our pool. While we were away on holiday for a week, these have rusted leaving definite rust spots all over the bottom of our fibreglass pool. Scrubbing wil not remove them and I have tried a powder in the pool from the pool shop but none of these has worked - does anyone have any suggestions ?

:(

Michelle

You can apply ascorbic acid powder to remove the rust stains on fiberglass pool. As per manufacturer's stipulation. This is beneficial if more stains are spread across the whole pool.
paulbest
Swimming Pool Wizard
Swimming Pool Wizard

Re: Rust stains on fibreglass pool

Postby paulbest » Sun 07 Aug, 2016 23:15

mineral deposits and chemical breakdown of metals are the topmost reason why there are stains on pools. however, utilizing the proper equipment and correct techniques, these can effectively diminish stains from fiberglass pools.

Apply a vitamin C tablet directly on the stain. If the stain is due to metal, it should lift up quickly. Scrub the affected area with a soft bristled brush to work out the stain.

Apply ascorbic acid powder to your pool filter, according to the manufacturer's specifications. This is helpful if several stains are spread across the entire pool.

Scrape a chlorine tablet over the stained area to bleach out the stain. Scrub the area with a soft bristled brush to aid in the stain removal.

Return to “Pool Surface Staining & Discolored Pool Water”