Yellowish Brown Staining on fiberglass steps, skimmers, etc.

Stains on the pool surfaces, pool equipment
or on the swimmers, or off-color swimming pool
water. Discolored but clear pool water.
tmcdaniel
I'm new here
I'm new here

Yellowish Brown Staining on fiberglass steps, skimmers, etc.

Postby tmcdaniel » Mon 16 Apr, 2007 13:03

I took a pool sample to our local store and the only problem was low alkalinity. They advised me to pour a 50 lb bag of sodium bicarb at the diving board (all at once), wait 2 hours and add Biogard Balance Pak, wait 15 min, and add 3 bags of extreme burnout. In less than 24 hours, my steps and everything else white became stained. I am in a panic attack now trying to get this cleaned. Of course, scrubbing with a brush isn't helping and Biogard's Off the Wall is not helping. I have taken another sample this morning along with pics and they sold me some Revive. They advised me to wait until it rains and spray across entire pool, wait 12 hours then slowly vacuum. Anyone had this problem or know of any other fixes or used this Revive? I was just devastated to see my pool this way. We had just taken the cover off and the water looked so nice after vacuuming and then boom, a big mess. (New pool owner). The pool store believes it is Magnesium staining because there wasn't iron or copper in the sample??

THANKS
me_too

Re: Yellowish Brown Staining on fiberglass steps, skimmers,

Postby me_too » Tue 15 May, 2007 10:55

tmcdaniel wrote:I took a pool sample to our local store and the only problem was low alkalinity. They advised me to pour a 50 lb bag of sodium bicarb at the diving board (all at once), wait 2 hours and add Biogard Balance Pak, wait 15 min, and add 3 bags of extreme burnout. In less than 24 hours, my steps and everything else white became stained. I am in a panic attack now trying to get this cleaned. Of course, scrubbing with a brush isn't helping and Biogard's Off the Wall is not helping. I have taken another sample this morning along with pics and they sold me some Revive. They advised me to wait until it rains and spray across entire pool, wait 12 hours then slowly vacuum. Anyone had this problem or know of any other fixes or used this Revive? I was just devastated to see my pool this way. We had just taken the cover off and the water looked so nice after vacuuming and then boom, a big mess. (New pool owner). The pool store believes it is Magnesium staining because there wasn't iron or copper in the sample??

What color stains? What's the pH and alcalinity level? What's the pool volume?

Return to “Pool Surface Staining & Discolored Pool Water”