stabilizer

Stains on the pool surfaces, pool equipment
or on the swimmers, or off-color swimming pool
water. Discolored but clear pool water.
lost

stabilizer

Postby lost » Mon 07 May, 2007 17:45

Help, I am soooo confused. I took cover off pool last week. 14x28x4ft deep sports pool. We had emptied it below the filter and returns after it was treated with the winterizing chemicals. I believe gradular shock. Pool is 10,000 gallon, when we drained it , it was close to half gone. So after I took cover off, I filled it up. Did not add anything to it, ran pumps over night and took a water sample to store where they told me my stabilizer was way high. 400. Advised me to go home and drain pool or drain below filter fill up and repaet 5 times. When I did a test with chemical set, all things looked good but stabilizer. I did a strip test as well. Same thing. The water is clear like when you fill a glass of water. No signs of scales, algae or anything. Like I said, I did not add anything yet. Now I added rust/stain guard and algae protection. I can not believe I would need to drain the whole pool. It is already almost all new water. Is there something to use for getting the stabilzer at the right level? Can't wait to see the water bill. Yikes. Should I go ahead and shock? Use a non stabilzer shock? Is there such a thing? What make sthe water that aqua sparkle? HELP. Husband deployed and this is NO FUN. I want to swim already and have a margarita as well.

me_too

Re: stabilizer

Postby me_too » Tue 08 May, 2007 10:36

Get a second test from another pool store. CYA tests, by their very nature, are always a bit inaccurate. The person performing the test may be doing something wrong. 400 ppm CYA is very unlikely on pool opening.

Return to “Pool Surface Staining & Discolored Pool Water”