how to keep steps clean?

Stains on the pool surfaces, pool equipment
or on the swimmers, or off-color swimming pool
water. Discolored but clear pool water.
brown stairs

how to keep steps clean?

Postby brown stairs » Mon 21 May, 2007 21:32

got an inground pool with fiberglass stairs, problem is they turn orange/brown and i have to clean them probably once a month. the only thing that even come close to cleaning them is Iron Out. I tried some stuff from the pool store that was suppose to lower the iron in the water, but that didnt work. is there any high strength cleaner or something i can do to keep my steps white? btw, the steps are the only thing that gets stains, skimmer box, bottom drain, all that stays clean year round..?

thanks in advance

stoddy
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby stoddy » Thu 24 May, 2007 12:18

I have resorted to using ph- but not too much as it will alter your ph, but it works wonders. Must be in granular form tho
Deaun who can't sign in

pH- for stained steps

Postby Deaun who can't sign in » Thu 21 Jun, 2007 18:01

stoddy wrote:I have resorted to using ph- but not too much as it will alter your ph, but it works wonders. Must be in granular form tho

Hi guys,

I also have an inground pool, and am battling scale on the walls, some places on the floor, on the skimmer facing, and on both sets of steps (shallow end; 1/2 length of pool, and deep end; ladder with multiple steps).

I have reduced the pH to 7.0, and it comes off in tiny flakes with a lot of elbow grease. It also rubs my fingertips raw.

Stoddy, how are you using the pH-? Are you using the granules to produce a solution, or simply fanning it over the surface? Buggsw suggested a "weak solution of muratic acid and water," but after reading about the acid I am a little skittish--and it's not available anywhere close.

Let me know as I'm headed out to the pool with my scrubby pad and pH-.

Thanks guys. Hope it works on those nasty steps!

Deaun

Return to “Pool Surface Staining & Discolored Pool Water”