or on the swimmers, or off-color swimming pool
water. Discolored but clear pool water.
racerX
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 5000 gallon

strange black stains

Postby racerX » Sun 14 Jul, 2019 12:53

Guys, I have 3 black spots at the bottom of my 30 year old pool. There each about 6" in diameter. Ive had 2 pool guys look at it and no ones knows what it is. Ive tried putting muriatic acid directly on it, scrubbing it with a metal brush...Nothing. So this weekend I got a file and attached it to a long pole and filed/chipped some of it away. Now I can feel the groves are deep and its still black-im guessing its not just on the surface. Im thinking it might be a deep patch repair. But why would someone use a patch that would turn black over time? The other thing I noticed is that it develops a orange/rust colored surface corrosion after a few hours after I brush it with a metal brush..Im not got to file any more in case I do damage to the pool. I appreciate any help!
Attachments
P7142978.JPG

Teapot
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12 x 24 (45m3) liner pool, Triton TR60 filter with AFM glass media (Activate) and variable speed pump running 0.08HP

Re: strange black stains

Postby Teapot » Sun 14 Jul, 2019 13:37

Hmm, as you say, possible repair, the rust could be the rebar in the concrete as I have repaired this before for a customer.

Return to “Pool Surface Staining & Discolored Pool Water”