Brown Pool

Stains on the pool surfaces, pool equipment
or on the swimmers, or off-color swimming pool
water. Discolored but clear pool water.
bill

Brown Pool

Postby bill » Tue 17 Jul, 2007 17:55

water was green but could see bottom.i had the water tested they told me to add 4lbs. ph+ and then wait 4 hours later and then add 20lbs. alk. increase .wait 4 hours and i added another 20lbs. of alk.increase.everytime i added the ph+ and the two 20lbs. of alk. increase the pool would get browner..????

please let me know any information

[this is a 20x40 white plaster pool]

thank you, Bill

Re: Brown Pool

Postby Guest » Wed 18 Jul, 2007 15:55

bill wrote:water was green but could see bottom.i had the water tested they told me to add 4lbs. ph+ and then wait 4 hours later and then add 20lbs. alk. increase .wait 4 hours and i added another 20lbs. of alk.increase.everytime i added the ph+ and the two 20lbs. of alk. increase the pool would get browner..????

thank you, Bill
Backglass
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Re: Brown Pool

Postby Backglass » Thu 19 Jul, 2007 08:40

bill wrote:water was green but could see bottom.i had the water tested they told me to add 4lbs. ph+ and then wait 4 hours later and then add 20lbs. alk. increase .wait 4 hours and i added another 20lbs. of alk.increase.everytime i added the ph+ and the two 20lbs. of alk. increase the pool would get browner..????

thank you, Bill

HI Bill,

Using your test kit, please post a full set of numbers so we can see where you are at.
===============================
I'm no expert...just a long time pool owner. The real experts are at www . troublefreepool . com

Download Bleachcalc free at troublefreepool . com /files/BleachCalc262.exe and start saving money on chemicals.

Return to “Pool Surface Staining & Discolored Pool Water”