Stains on the pool surfaces, pool equipment
or on the swimmers, or off-color swimming pool
water. Discolored but clear pool water.
pete1606
I'm new here
I'm new here

brownish/ yellow stain- on liner

Postby pete1606 » Fri 30 May, 2008 21:51

I have an above ground pool w/ a vinl liner. After backwashing my filter one day i resumed the fiter to normal operations. I went inside, came back out a few minutes later to find a bunch of filter sand and particles floating in the pool. I turned the pump off and found that the valve stuck amd dodnt go all the way back to the normal position, In effect backwashing the filter into the pool.

Since then I have this yellowish brown stain which has darkend over time. I tried nearly everything to get it off

i tried...

tile & vinl cleaner
soft scrub
fantasik
chlorox clean up
bleach
ajax
liquid chlorine
\
Super tile and vinal cleaner w degreaser is the best so far, but It is not completely removing the stan

Any suggestions?[img]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2310/2537027575_ff6922a7ac.jpg?v=0][/img]

justden

brownstain

Postby justden » Tue 15 Jul, 2008 16:37

Not sure if it is the same problem but I have a fiberglass pool and kept having a brown stain come back and cover the whole pool, it looked like a coffee stain. I could get rid of it like magic with a product called Stain Free, it worked great but the stain kept coming back in 2 to 3 weeks. I won't bore you with all the details but the bottom line is I think it was metals in the water and the answer was to use Stain Free to pull all the stain off the fiberglass then drain the pool and refill with soft water. So far I think it has worked even though I only drained 2/3 of the water. The stain has not come back and it has been over 3 months.

Good Luck
Dennis

Return to “Pool Surface Staining & Discolored Pool Water”