Pool Water Turned Brown After Adding Muratic Acid

Stains on the pool surfaces, pool equipment
or on the swimmers, or off-color swimming pool
water. Discolored but clear pool water.
johnmc57

Postby johnmc57 » Sat 05 Sep, 2009 13:47

I had the same problem, what you have to do is go to the pool store and buy flock. It is a ganule that when the pump is off will take all iron and make it sink to the bottom of the pool then you vacuum it out.

motel

water well turns brown after using bleach

Postby motel » Mon 26 Apr, 2010 14:30

We have a big problem since a week ago...we have a small businnes motel, all of the sudden while washing sheets and towels they came out brown !!! we have water well system...so...we then realize everytime we put bleach the water turns brown...our swimming pool was clear because we filled it out before...but, a worker here put more water in it and now is brown...we read about the iron in it..and we are trying to find a good filter for the iron...but meanwhile we really need the pool to be clear for the customers to use it... what would be the fastest way to clean it or make it clear...and what are the iron removers? let me know please...we are desperate!!!
prinster21

Postby prinster21 » Tue 26 Jun, 2012 22:30

So I know this is a two years later but I seem to have the same water. Though my pool isn't brown right now I put 9 gallons of meratic acid as told by the pool company within a 72 hour period. I still have to buy another chemical starts with a C i forget but. The water is GREEN i mean dark GREEN I just hope it doesn't turn brown. I just bought this house and this is my first pool someone PLEASE HELP!!

Return to “Pool Surface Staining & Discolored Pool Water”