Stains on the pool surfaces, pool equipment
or on the swimmers, or off-color swimming pool
water. Discolored but clear pool water.
johnhil
I'm new here
I'm new here

Scaletec Plus

Postby johnhil » Tue 12 Aug, 2008 09:18

Does anyone have any experience with Scaletec Plus? It is supposed to remove stains and scale without adjusting the water from normal operating conditions.

Sandstone

Scaletec Plus

Postby Guest » Sun 19 Apr, 2009 02:10

johnhil wrote:Does anyone have any experience with Scaletec Plus? It is supposed to remove stains and scale without adjusting the water from normal operating conditions.

Just bought some and added to my pool. It was recommended by the manufacturer(Sun Pools) to remove a white chalky film from the pool walls. They claim it is a scale build up and not the gel coat deteriorating. Every time I rub the walls I get white hands. Hopefully I'll have good news in the near future.
geeman
Swimming Pool Wizard
Swimming Pool Wizard

Scaletec Plus

Postby geeman » Sun 19 Apr, 2009 07:41

I used it on a heavily scaled pool last year. worked great. can take up to 4 weeks but it works.
bobastick

Scaletec Plus

Postby bobastick » Sat 13 Jun, 2009 17:24

Looking for more people with experience using Scaletec. It is not clearly and boldly stated that you can swim during treatment. I'd like to know for sure it's okay to swim while this is in the water, especially at the double initial dose. I'd also like to know how people experienced the spot test - did yours bubble or? Anyone feel they had a bad experience? Why? Thanks!
CJS

Scaletec Plus

Postby CJS » Wed 24 Jun, 2009 09:23

Go to label at: http://www.mcgrayel.com/files/scaletec_label_2007.pdf.

It says you may swim immediately after addition to pool.
wadebosse

Scaletec Plus

Postby wadebosse » Tue 12 Mar, 2013 22:22

There is more information on Scaletec Plus (and stains) at interwebs. I have a relationship with the USA manufacturer so if you have any questions or comments please feel free to get in touch with me and I will help you. The pool in the 'before and after' photos in the gallery were taken as a result of using Scaletec in a pool in Spotswood Victoria about 5 months ago. As you can see from the time and date stamp, it took less than a week to remove it. Scaletec is a great product that I spent 2 years researching (including visiting their plant in California) when I worked for the largest concrete pool interior manufacturer in Australia. I have not found anything that works better and plenty of other local products that did not work at all.

SOME GENERAL ADVICE AND TIPS
Make sure you keep an eye on your pool chlorine levels if you are using Scaletec in warmer months as it will slightly reduce the chlorine levels after it is added to the water. Also make sure that your chlorine is not too high (preferably 2-3ppm) when you first add it to the water. If your chlorine levels are too high this will reduce its strength as the chlorine will attack the Scaletec and reduce its effectiveness. Also, make sure you keep an eye on your water chemistry following the treatment as the calcium or stains may return later down the road if the water is neglected. A good sequestering agent like Beautec will play a huge part in not having the stains return.

Return to “Pool Surface Staining & Discolored Pool Water”