Sand Substance on Bottom and Side Walls of Liner

Stains on the pool surfaces, pool equipment
or on the swimmers, or off-color swimming pool
water. Discolored but clear pool water.
Thomas Henry

Postby Thomas Henry » Sat 16 May, 2009 09:19

I opened and shocked my pool just a few days ago, as usual. Suddenly, a sand like substance appeared on the bottom and side walls of my pool. It cannot be brushed away. What is it and how can I correct it? Thank you for any help you can provide.

pool dad
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: my pool is a 16 x 20 sports pool, i have a sand filter with a in line chlorination.
My pool is the hot spot for all of the kids in the neighborhood.

Postby pool dad » Fri 12 Jun, 2009 22:48

Thomas Henry wrote:I opened and shocked my pool just a few days ago, as usual. Suddenly, a sand like substance appeared on the bottom and side walls of my pool. It cannot be brushed away. What is it and how can I correct it? Thank you for any help you can provide.

i had the same thing happen to me this year as well as a couple of years ago. i am still in the middle of trying to get the stains off but i have come up with plan that seems to be working. the problem has been that i add the free chlorine (shock) before i bring up the ph and TA. the resulting stain is like a yellowish/redish brown stain. anyway, Does this sound like what you have going on?????????
nilosam

Postby nilosam » Wed 08 Jul, 2009 08:39

I have the same problem. Sandy rough sides around the top of a vinyl liner. I"ve been pouring the liquid clorine down the sides when I add it. Seems to take it away. Long process though. I only add about a half gallon of liquid chorine per day

Postby Guest » Tue 08 Sep, 2009 12:41

Thomas Henry wrote:I opened and shocked my pool just a few days ago, as usual. Suddenly, a sand like substance appeared on the bottom and side walls of my pool. It cannot be brushed away. What is it and how can I correct it? Thank you for any help you can provide.

Return to “Pool Surface Staining & Discolored Pool Water”