Robbie

Acorns dropping in pool causing brown stains

Postby Robbie » Sun 16 Aug, 2009 09:48

How do I remedy this problem?

martha

Postby martha » Sun 28 Aug, 2011 10:49

Robbie

I have the same problem...you can try vitamin C to rub them out. A laborious process but it works. There is also a product on the market called Stain Free by Natural Chemistry that works. Be careful ... it will eat the skin on your fingers so wear gloves.

Martha
TSH Tech

Postby TSH Tech » Sat 28 Jan, 2012 03:54

Cut down the offending Oak tree.

Oaks trees near pools are one of the worst possible trees you could ever have near a pool.
- Their leaves and acorns contain iron, causing stains
- Their leaves and acorns secrete a oily substance that plugs up any filter rapidly and leaves an awful residue around the tile lines.
- Autumn Season - You will learn the hard way. That's all I have to say about that.
- Oak Trees utterly destroy pool chemistry and seasonally stain plaster. Any pool owner with an oak tree will spend unnecessary amounts of chemicals, chlorine and filter clean sessions due to oak tree pool damage.

I want to make a law regarding pools. I want to make a law requiring that all pools be indoor with optional sky roof, or, to be constructed with no shrubs, vegetation or trees planted anywhere near the pool for 60 meters/50 yards
rwalton

Postby rwalton » Sat 28 Jan, 2012 12:02

To TSH Tech:

Glad you don't make the laws!
TSH Tech

Postby TSH Tech » Sun 29 Jan, 2012 06:13

(facetiousness level on: HIGH)
:evil: :evil:
Muahahaaa! Silly peasant! When I become World Swimming Pool State Security Minister, everyone must comply! Or face being taken in for questioning!
:evil: :evil:

:lol:

Postby Guest » Sun 29 Jan, 2012 10:40

Ah, the old Swimming Pool Czar position, eh?
paulbest
Swimming Pool Wizard
Swimming Pool Wizard

Re: Acorns dropping in pool causing brown stains

Postby paulbest » Mon 08 Aug, 2016 22:05

The initial stage in erasing organic pool stains is with a shock of chlorine in the pool. Add a heavy dose of chlorine and scrub the stain with a brush. In many cases, doing this will eradicate the stain completely.

if the stain is at the waterline, try utilizing an enzyme-based cleaner. Since these cleaners erase the oils that hold the dirt at the waterline, the stain should vanish with little or no scrubbing on your part. To finish, use a vinyl or tile cleaner that’s appropriate for pools. This will remove the remainder of the pool stain.

if you don't want to use enzyme-based cleaner, you can use ascorbic acid-based. these will work on stains that are stubborn even if you you have to scrub hard at them.
CarolCPalmer
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: I am a resident of Ontario. Short course swimming pool which is 25 yardsand 75 feet long. I am very passionate about swimming my husband too. I regularly do the maintenance work for my swimming pool. I also ensure the cleanliness ofmy pool.

Re: Acorns dropping in pool causing brown stains

Postby CarolCPalmer » Wed 17 Aug, 2016 07:34

Stains are natural and require regular maintenance. To remove it , first diagnose it, check for its color to classify its cause, check for organic stains , take proper water sample for diagnosis. Use test strips to test water, try liquid test kit. Check if the problem is with the fill water. Acid wash your pool walls if it has a plaster liner(Though it may strip off thin layer of pool plaster). Use stiff scrub brsuh and shock your pool with chlorine. Refer this article for more tips on cleaning

Return to “Pool Surface Staining & Discolored Pool Water”