or on the swimmers, or off-color swimming pool
water. Discolored but clear pool water.
wcwturtle
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: intex 16 x 48 ultra frame above ground with the saltwater system

Brown stuff on the bottom of pool

Postby wcwturtle » Thu 17 Jun, 2010 14:45

Just set up our pool 16 x 48 above ground with a saltwater system. set up pool, filled pool, added 100 lbs of morton pool salt. turned on pump for 24 hours. then turned on saltwater system and immediately checked the copper ion level in pool. It was at 0 so the manual to the saltwater system called for a boost cycle. Set it for boost cycle and went to bed boost states that it will cycle for 16 hours and then go back to normal settings. left it run over night and in the morning have a brown something on the floor of the pool it will brush away. fyi pool was filled with well water. this is day 3 and the water is brownish looking what is this and what do i do for it. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

SteveM1800
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast

Brown stuff on the bottom of pool

Postby SteveM1800 » Wed 23 Jun, 2010 12:46

Your should check your metal levels. I also have well water and the brown coloring as i know is iron in the water. We have a product on our website 1800polls.com that is a metal deactivater its called (MetalFree Chelates Metals) but i would obviously check your metal levels first so you are sure.

Return to “Pool Surface Staining & Discolored Pool Water”