Problem starting pump with new hayward multiport and filter

Tips and problems concerning filling new pools.
Spring pool opening and fall pool closing.
Seasonal pool maintenance tips & advice.
phillipjko
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 25k inground liner pool

Problem starting pump with new hayward multiport and filter

Postby phillipjko » Wed 02 May, 2018 22:11

I had everything new installed. Super pump, Hayward Multiport SP0714g11m, SWG, etcc. I attached everything, the pump was in recirculate mode. I filled the pump up to prime it and turn on the pump in recirculate mode. I fill water into the pump basket and it was taking in.... I think I made a mistake. I then turn it off after 15-20mins... realizing the mistake. I changed it to filter. The pump did not start or the filter was working. What can I do. When I turn on the power.. there is a thud sound in the Hayward Salt water generator control area.. it lights up but the pump could not start. There was nothing blown or fuse off as I could not get the pump or the filter to work after turning it clockwise from filter to backwash to rinse. etc. Advise.. pool as a result could not be recirculated

Teapot
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12 x 24 (45m3) liner pool, Triton TR60 filter with AFM glass media (Activate) and variable speed pump running 0.08HP

Re: Problem starting pump with new hayward multiport and filter

Postby Teapot » Fri 04 May, 2018 12:20

This stuff is tricky when you can't see what going on. Are you sure the new multiport is plumbed round the right way?

Return to “Opening / Closing / Winterizing the Pool”