Interupted while closing the pool....now I have a mess!

Tips and problems concerning filling new pools.
Spring pool opening and fall pool closing.
Seasonal pool maintenance tips & advice.
GrenlochNess
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Gunite in-ground pool. 26,000 gallons. Nautilus DE Filter. Challenger Motor/Pump. Multi-Valve.

Interupted while closing the pool....now I have a mess!

Postby GrenlochNess » Fri 24 Sep, 2021 16:52

Hello Everyone, I'm new to the group and have a new problem. Should I just cover and figure things out in the spring? Should I just dump Algeaecide, cover and deal with it in the spring? Should I re-fill, and clean? I have an inground gunite pool ~26k gallons. We started closing and got as far as draining below the skimmers, cleaned the DE filter, etc. Before I got a chance to blow the lines and put the Winter Kit in and cover...life threw some curve balls...and it didn't get done. Now I have a partially filled pool with green water. What would you do?

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: Interupted while closing the pool....now I have a mess!

Postby Denniswiseman » Sat 25 Sep, 2021 04:20

I don't have to winterise. Bearing in mind what you weather is like I would be inclined to refill and Slam (Shock Level and Maintain) with relation to Chlorine / CYA Chart and Recommended Pool Levels so that you don't have a massive job in the spring
Then use a Polyquat algecide to prevent further algae forming

Return to “Opening / Closing / Winterizing the Pool”