POOL SITTING

Tips and problems concerning filling new pools.
Spring pool opening and fall pool closing.
Seasonal pool maintenance tips & advice.
binrocha
I'm new here
I'm new here

POOL SITTING

Postby binrocha » Thu 09 Aug, 2007 22:32

hello everyone!
newbie here, first post: i have a 24k gal vinyl lined pool, no heater. i have auto chlorinator, de filter, solar cover, & loop-loc (safety cover). my family is going overseas next summer, other than hiring a pool svce co. for my 3 week absense, is there anything i could do to keep the water clear? i'm thinking of using the winterizing chemicals, suspend a few floaters (3" chlorine tabs) & installing the safety cover. is this a sound idea?
2nd question: what is the best way to stop the vinyl liner from pulling off the coping? i'm using those vinyl wedgies & i'm not sure it's enough to keep the liner from pulling down (corner of pool) off from mount.
any advice is very much appreciated.
thanks,
victor

Backglass
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby Backglass » Thu 09 Aug, 2007 23:01

Hey Victor...welcome!

During the summer months when your pool is open, it would be better to teach a local kid how to add chlorine to your pool for three weeks. If you try floaters, etc...during summer heat, you will return to a swamp.

You say you have an "auto chlorinator". If you teach a local kid to refill and have your pump on a timer, that should work.
===============================
I'm no expert...just a long time pool owner. The real experts are at www . troublefreepool . com

Download Bleachcalc free at troublefreepool . com /files/BleachCalc262.exe and start saving money on chemicals.

Return to “Opening / Closing / Winterizing the Pool”