I need BIG HELP!!! Opening My Pool

Tips and problems concerning filling new pools.
Spring pool opening and fall pool closing.
Seasonal pool maintenance tips & advice.
Kingdombuilder
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: About 35' x 20' - oval shape

Postby Kingdombuilder » Wed 13 May, 2009 12:33

I just moved into this home this year and I'm looking to open the pool this year.

Ok starting with the de-winterizing of the pool. I need to know how to re-assemble the parts to the pool pump and filter. I also see when they winterized it they cut off some pvc pipes, and I'm trying to figure out where they went.

The next problem is how do i get this water to the condition needed to swim. I have a liner in my pool. the water is very bad looking as you can see and I would appreciate any help that any one can give. I'm gearing up to do the bulk of the work this weekend.

lorin

Postby lorin » Sat 30 May, 2009 21:17

I am experiencing the same problems right now. I have a pool person waiting in the wings, but I am hopeful I can figure it out myself. I found 2 great websites: howitworks.com and ehow.com. ehow has videos of how to do certain maintenance and problem solving. One thing is for sure is that adjusting the chemicals will come after the pool is clean. You are probably way ahead of me! Also howitworks has great schematics of how exactly the pool functions. I looks like someone made off with part of your filter. I am wondering if a homeowners policy would cover the cost of having a professional get it up and running for you. Well I hope this has been of some value. Remember, everyone had to learn how to take care of these things at some point, or that is what I am telling myself.
Me...
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby Me... » Sun 31 May, 2009 09:46

The water will come from the drains in the bottom of the pool and/or the skimmer hole in the pool at water level.

It enters the pump suction in the hole that contains the basket for trapping leaves and debris. It leaves the other hole in the pump and enters the filter. Most filters label that hole "pump". Another one is labeled "backwash" and that goes to waste/drain/sewer or whatever. The other one is labeled "return" and that leaves the filter and goes into any heater that is there on the "inlet" labeled side.

It leaves the heater from the outlet labeled "outlet" and reenters the pool from the wall or possibly floor inlets. If there is a cleaning system installed the water leaving the heater would usually first go to a cleaner head that distributes the water to the various cleaning heads in the floor of the pool.

You just need to figure a way of determining which lines are which.

Return to “Opening / Closing / Winterizing the Pool”