Help with in-ground pool!!! Please!!!!!

Tips and problems concerning filling new pools.
Spring pool opening and fall pool closing.
Seasonal pool maintenance tips & advice.
HBSpray
I'm new here
I'm new here

Help with in-ground pool!!! Please!!!!!

Postby HBSpray » Thu 14 May, 2009 19:42

Greetings! This is my first time posting and I am very desperate for advice and hope that maybe you all can help me!

I work at a property that has an in-ground pool that needs to be open SOON!! My co-worker who usually works on the pool has left for vacation and I am left to figure out how to get the pool open with virtually no knowledge.

When we took our cover off, it was covered in green algae. We drained it and sprayed most of it off. Then we started using muriatic acid to take the stain off but we don't have a great system for using it and I don't want to work with it by myself since I'm very unfamilar with the chemical and hear that it is VERY dangerous if not used properly.

So my question is - is there anything else I can use to take the stain out of the pool? I was thinking about just coating a hell of a lot of bleach on it. With little knowledge I have, I don't see why that wouldn't work if not left to sit for a bit. Like I've said, I'm not experianced with pool maitence but I'm under the gun and would just like another method that is a little more reasonable. Any suggestions or tips would be a blessing to me as I'm under pressure with no know-how. Thank you!!

Return to “Opening / Closing / Winterizing the Pool”