Storing Pool Chemicals over Winter

Tips and problems concerning filling new pools.
Spring pool opening and fall pool closing.
Seasonal pool maintenance tips & advice.
BellyflopBill

Postby BellyflopBill » Fri 29 Jan, 2010 18:03

Is there any harm in keeping pool chemicals, parts and supplies in an oudoor shed during the winter months? Here in Connecticut it can get to the teens and maybe the single digits (Farenheit) for a few days and I don't know if there might be a risk of the chemicals losing any of their strength or possibly a change in composition if they freeze. Any thoughts on the subject?
Thanks!

QUICKREPAIRS
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 8x4m,liner,sand filter,Davey pump,fresh water

Postby QUICKREPAIRS » Thu 04 Mar, 2010 17:09

BellyflopBill wrote:Is there any harm in keeping pool chemicals, parts and supplies in an oudoor shed during the winter months? Here in Connecticut it can get to the teens and maybe the single digits (Farenheit) for a few days and I don't know if there might be a risk of the chemicals losing any of their strength or possibly a change in composition if they freeze. Any thoughts on the subject?
Thanks!

Storing chemical in an outside shed is ok as long as you follow few simple steps. Number one, never store liquid chlorine and Hydrochloric acid next to each other ( vaporization may cause fire), granular chemicals should be sealed so no moisture gets in and also liquid chemical looses its strength if older than a month.
Hope this helps.........QUICKREPAIRS

Return to “Opening / Closing / Winterizing the Pool”