Couldn't pump water off of winter cover?

Tips and problems concerning filling new pools.
Spring pool opening and fall pool closing.
Seasonal pool maintenance tips & advice.
Natkarbo
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 24 foot round above the ground.

Re: Couldn't pump water off of winter cover?

Postby Natkarbo » Wed 17 Oct, 2018 15:05

I am having the same problem. Could it be the cover is allowing water from the pool on top of the cover? Never had this problem before. Let me know what anyone finds out. Also should I add more water to the pool before winter? It is down about 12 inches now from trying to drain the cover.

Zielot11
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Above ground 28 ft round

Postby Zielot11 » Fri 01 Nov, 2019 09:57

I am glad to see i am not the only one experiencing this issue but it is super frustrating. What doesnt make sense to me is IF I have a hole in my pool cover, then wouldnt there be dirty water in the pool itself? How would the water "pool" on top of the tarp if there is a hole in it. wouldnt it just drain all that water into the pool and make the pool water dirty? Has anyone found a solution for this? i read something that said that you can use an upside down frisbee, but there was no further info on how that works. please help.
BeerGuyBri
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 18x36 above ground pool

Postby BeerGuyBri » Sat 16 May, 2020 19:18

I am having the same issue. Water inside pool is clear. Water on cover is dirty. But when I use my pool cover pump to remove water. It is draining the pool water and the level is dropping. Anyone have any suggestions on how I can drain the water off cover without emptying pool. I am sadly at point to just dump cover in. Ugh. Thanks

Return to “Opening / Closing / Winterizing the Pool”