leak from clamps on multiport valve

Tips and problems concerning filling new pools.
Spring pool opening and fall pool closing.
Seasonal pool maintenance tips & advice.
smileyface

Postby smileyface » Sun 19 Sep, 2010 18:49

Hi, can someone help me? recently I've had my sand filter service.(new sand, new drum and new clamp for the multiport). There were drips of water coming out of the clamp at the neck of the drump and the multiport. The pool guy put more lubey on and it has stop the drip. The drip comes back a week after he left. Now the drip become a small line of water coming out. it seems to go back to drips of water when I loosen the screws on the clamps(leaking get worse when I tighten the clamps). I 've asked hulcon and they told me to get the pool guy tocome back and clean up the grime around the neck.
i live in the country and it's not convenient for him to come back just for that. can someone advise if the hurlcon advise is correct? Is there anything I should be aware of if I take the multiport off to clean the grime so that I don't make any further damage?

duraleigh
Swimming Pool Wizard
Swimming Pool Wizard
My Pool: 24X52 DIY Concrete and liner

Postby duraleigh » Sun 19 Sep, 2010 19:15

Your pool guy who did it wrong should at least be able to advise you on how to stop it. Give him a call and see what he says....he'll probably talk you right through it.
24x52 DIY concrete block and liner
1.5HP pump 925lb sand filter
http://www.tftestkits.net
Allen G Myerson

Postby Allen G Myerson » Sun 19 Sep, 2010 23:00

Tell the service person to get back out there and fix it. Who cares if it's "convenient". He was paid to do the job properly. He needs to make this right.

Return to “Opening / Closing / Winterizing the Pool”