SWGs, salt water chlorine generators, chlorinators,
ozone generators, UV systems, . . .
JLS
I'm new here
I'm new here

Intex 8231 shuts down on starting chlorine generation

Postby JLS » Wed 15 Aug, 2018 09:07

Hi All,

I have a problem with an Intex 8231. When the pump is switched on it shows 88, which I believe is normal, it has never changed from that until I unlock the control pad set the hours and re lock the pad. It then shows the number of hours to run and the pump continues to run for about five minutes. At this point the green LED comes on it will run for about five seconds after which the display goes blank and the pump stops. About two seconds after that the green LED goes out. At this point the whole thing seems utterly dead, pressing the up or down button shows no code and the only way to get any life out of it is to turn it off and back on again.

I have made sure that it's been fully bled, Power supply is good, valves fully open and I checked that there was continuity between the two contacts of catalyser and the plug is pushed fully home. Looking at the manual I suspect that the unit thinks the catalyser is unplugged but I would appreciate any input on what the fault may be and what tests I could carry out.

To complicate matters I've actually sold the pool and pump to someone that lives 20 miles away so don't have instant access to it so the more info/tests I can gather the better. I've done a search on this forum and can see that there's a couple of fuses on the PCB so that will be the next thing to check along with the capacitors for any sign of failure but what else can I test? What power is supplied to the catalyst? Should there be any resistance at the catalyst contacts?

Any and all help/suggestions greatly appreciated

Steve

Return to “Salt Water Chlorine Generators, Ozone, UV”