Intex Titanium Electrode Amperage

SWGs, salt water chlorine generators, chlorinators,
ozone generators, UV systems, . . .
coldwater_pt

Intex Titanium Electrode Amperage

Postby coldwater_pt » Fri 24 Aug, 2018 17:58

Hello everyone.
I have an Intex CS20220 system with Titanium Electrode For 16" Sand Filter & Saltwater System Cg and I'm having some issues with this system.
Some days ago the salt generator stopped working (no "bubbles") and since I have a background in electronics I started testing my system and found out that no current was flowing to the titanium electrode.
I have an exterior power supply directly connected to the cell and is now working, but I would like to know what´s the normal amperage and voltage this cell shall be supplied with. Currently it´s connected to 12V with a current of around 11A (which I think it´s too high) but I´m only trying to keep my water from getting green until I figure out what are typical voltage and amps the titanium electrode needs.
Hope someone has some numbers for me. Thanks

Teapot
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12 x 24 (45m3) liner pool, Triton TR60 filter with AFM glass media (Activate) and variable speed pump running 0.08HP

Re: Intex Titanium Electrode Amperage

Postby Teapot » Sat 25 Aug, 2018 00:13

Please post when you find out as this will be useful information. Some other units use up to 24v and 6 amps but I have never tested an Intex unit
MartinBZ
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: Intex Titanium Electrode Amperage

Postby MartinBZ » Mon 22 Jul, 2019 09:07

My intex 26668 eco (nominally 5gr/h) at ca 3 kg Salt per m3 water draws 2.9 ampere @ 9.5 volt from the transformer.
Transformer is one of the steel core ones with almost 10v (almost 14 after rectifying) on idle.
So just below 30 watt output

Return to “Salt Water Chlorine Generators, Ozone, UV”