hydrodynamic cavitation

SWGs, salt water chlorine generators, chlorinators,
ozone generators, UV systems, . . .
pigneguy
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: i'm here primarily to research the use of hydrodynamic cavitation as a means of cleaning pools instead of using chemicals

hydrodynamic cavitation

Postby pigneguy » Tue 17 Mar, 2020 19:03

i'm here primarily to research the use of hydrodynamic cavitation as a means of cleaning pools instead of using chemicals. Does anyone have any experience with this ?

pigneguy
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: i'm here primarily to research the use of hydrodynamic cavitation as a means of cleaning pools instead of using chemicals

Re: hydrodynamic cavitation

Postby pigneguy » Sun 31 May, 2020 16:25

that must be a big no !
Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Postby Denniswiseman » Mon 01 Jun, 2020 01:27

Sorry pal, no idea
pigneguy
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby pigneguy » Tue 24 Nov, 2020 01:30

i purchased an Aquastaser . Hydrodynamic cavitation doesn't work. After 6 months, pool was full of green and black algae. Avoid !!
Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Postby Denniswiseman » Tue 24 Nov, 2020 02:51

Sorry to hear that but thanks for posting your research
Have you cleared your algae
Teapot
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12 x 24 (45m3) liner pool, Triton TR60 filter with AFM glass media (Activate) and variable speed pump running 0.08HP

Postby Teapot » Tue 24 Nov, 2020 09:38

I did a bit of study into different alternative sanitisers a while back and the biggest issue of cavitation is it requires a fair bit of energy as you cannot get something for nothing under the law of physics.
I used a static mixer to shear the water, probably the same as this gizmo. But the energy required to achieve this is more expensive than chlorine and of course you still need a bit of chlorine as a constant primary sanitiser especially when the pump is off.
I found the best thing to be the correct flow rate through the best filtration media (Dr Dryden's Activate glass media) and running 24 hours per day (outdoor pool) so turning the water over 4 times per day. This vastly improved the water quality, dropped chemical use and with the pump flow optimised with a variable speed pump and optimised plumbing the cost saving is 90% on a standard setup. What I am now working on is an improved filter that backwashes propery using air scour to save water.

Return to “Salt Water Chlorine Generators, Ozone, UV”