SWGs, salt water chlorine generators, chlorinators,
ozone generators, UV systems, . . .
KERS12
I'm new here
I'm new here

Zodiac Clearwater LM-2 PCB Repair info.

Postby KERS12 » Sun 10 Apr, 2011 14:10

Hi Everyone,

In the interest of the global collective. I thought I should report my successful repair of a Zodiac Clearwater LM-2 'push-botton' control PCB (Printed Circuit Board).

I was asked to assist a friend who found last week that his LM-2 display failed to indicate Green LEDs as usual, when he opened his pool for this season.

The unit has a sticker describing it as a Zodiac Australia Group product, yet alledgedly elsewhere Zodiac claims to be a French company, I have no idea if this unit is 'badged' under other names.

Anyway, the date stamps on the PCB cards say Week 36, 2004 and he bought it in 2005, it has worked flawlessly since, with a LM-2-24 'cell', which continues to work.

On inspection the 'push-button' PCB which is mounted in the lid showed signs of corrosion on the surface of the copper tracks, this board has CMOS gates and a 3v NiMh battery and sub-minature switches that are activated via a plastic membrane cover on the lid.

I have to say that while the design is sturdy, I'm amazed as to it's age, this approach and the PSU (Power Supply Unit) part which is a linear design with enormous transformer would not be used today.

However, the repair was simple. Over-wiring the copper tracks that had corroded away with lacquered equipment wire, to ensure all the connections. I presume condensation of salty water in the lid had resulted in a reaction that ate away the copper.

For the record, the unit supplies a range of dc volts to the cell, from 9.5v at 2Amps upto 15volts at the 'super chlorinate mode. The blue 'flow' probe has +27v on it which it expects see 1mA drawn to indicate flow is good. The 'more salt' light seems to be based on the current drawn via the main cell connection for the given voltage level, so a crude conductivity measure I presume.

This guide helped;

http://www.poolpartsonline.com/PDFfiles ... OOTING.pdf

Cheers from Old Europe.

KERS12
I'm new here
I'm new here

Zodiac Clearwater LM-2 PCB W222111

Postby KERS12 » Sun 10 Apr, 2011 14:24

Oops forgot to mention the PCB has part number W222111. I see they sell for 100USD+, try asking someone who's good with a soldering-iron first.

W for Wagga-Wagga perhaps ? If you're out there, nice work, it must have been the late 1980s when the board was designed. Why a 3v battery ?

Cheers,

Kers12. :)
Yves

Postby Yves » Sat 21 May, 2011 13:18

Hello,

I find very interesting the troubleshooting manual for clearwater LM.
Do you know how I could find the manual for C200T.

I have a problem of low voltage at the entrance of the cell (Max 4 V instead of 6V).

Thank you in advance for any help.

Cheers from France

Yves
eddieguererro15
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby eddieguererro15 » Tue 09 Jul, 2013 02:53

thank you for telling us it will be helpful for anyone who use LM-2 PCB . i didn't read this kind of thread related to LM-2 PCB Repair info.
glu_canada
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 24 ft above ground chlorinated by a salt system

Postby glu_canada » Mon 09 Jun, 2014 20:22

Hello everyone,

I am trying to troubleshoot my system which has been exposed to the rain. I am not sure which board is bad.

The unit does supply chlorine but only a portion of the time. The relays are activated and de-activated 4 times for 15 sec. and then it stays on for another 15sec and the cycle restarts.

I was wondering if anyone has the schematics of these 2 boards. That would make it easier to troubleshoot.

Thanks!
Lpjb

Postby Lpjb » Tue 30 Sep, 2014 06:17

Where can I get a circuit diagram for LM2 control board?
robertfbeck
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 4 x 8M in ground salt chlorinated pool

Postby robertfbeck » Wed 29 Oct, 2014 19:28

Hi
Just wondering if you were able to get hold of a circuit for either the power board or control board for the Clearwater LM2 ?
regards
Robert Beck
Sunnypool

Re: Zodiac Clearwater LM-2 PCB Repair info.

Postby Sunnypool » Fri 05 Feb, 2016 07:10

We had a problem with the printed circuit board in our Zodiac clearwarer chlorinator also. It failed after 3 years of operation. I contacted Zodiac and asked for a replacement as i reasonably expected the chlorinator to last longer than 3 years. Deafening silence. I wont be buying another Zodiac that's for sure! :thumbdown:
GiustoKaul
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Dont have any big size.

Postby GiustoKaul » Thu 25 Feb, 2016 05:11

Can you please share the images for your PCB?
Also share the material specifications for your PCB?
What are the details of your whole system?
Please share the full hardware specifications if you can.
Greys0n
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby Greys0n » Mon 14 Mar, 2016 06:51

thank you for telling us, it will be helpful

Return to “Salt Water Chlorine Generators, Ozone, UV”