Remodeling soon, and need equipment advice

SWGs, salt water chlorine generators, chlorinators,
ozone generators, UV systems, . . .
monrocm
I'm new here
I'm new here

Remodeling soon, and need equipment advice

Postby monrocm » Thu 12 May, 2011 07:48

I'm new here, so please bear with me... I did several searches, but didn't find the answers I was looking for, and what little I did find, seemed dated info.

I'm remodeling my pool, and to save money for things I cannot do, I'm doing some of the work myself.

Here is what I have:
20x40 oval w/ 9' deep end, and attached 4 person spa
Hayward: Northstar pump, DE filter, gas heater
Polaris: Eos Command Center & valve actuators, spa side remote, wireless remote, and (uninstalled) C2100 ORP
Automatic cleaner was Kreepy Krawley w/ dedicated plumbing, but he is broken and needs to be replaced.

Neighbor's oak tree dumps bushels of leaves and small twigs in my pool each month (I offered to pay for the removal, and installation of a diffrent tree in another location, but he isn't willing)

Question 1: What would be the best cleaner for my situation? Currently plumbed for suction, but could be replumbed for pressure w/ booster pump. Large leaf load.

Question 2: Should I get a robotic cleaner (and keep the suction option for manual vacuum), and if so, does it have to be removed every day (I'm not in town every day due to brief travel).

Question 3: I want to add a salt clorinator, and planned to get the Polaris Auto Clear Plus (to match control equipment), but it seems to have been discontinued, but still available. Should I stick to the Polaris brand to match control equipment, or go with Hayward to match the cleaning equipment, or some other brand?

Question 4: Would a non-Polaris salt generator work with my Eos Command Center & ORP?

I think that is about it for now. Any advice would be appreciated.

Return to “Salt Water Chlorine Generators, Ozone, UV”