SWGs, salt water chlorine generators, chlorinators,
ozone generators, UV systems, . . .
unklemikey
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Small play pool, no more than 10,000 gallons, gunite, saltwater

Blue Haven Smartpure Sanitizer - Hi Salt reading help

Postby unklemikey » Sat 30 Mar, 2013 19:08

Hello. We bought our home in Aug 2012. Prior to buying the home, the Blue Haven Smartpure Sanitizer Serial #93004A was reading "Hi" salt and the generating light was not on. We had the previous owners address the problem, and they said they had the pool drained 1/3 and added water. The sanitizer has been reading around 3400 since than and says its been generating. However I keep testing the pool for chlorine and there doesn't seem to be any. I've tested the salt level and it was extremely low, about 1600. These reading were the same when Leslies tested a water sample. So I added enough salt to get a personal reading of 2800, but now the sanitizer reads "Hi" again, with a reading of 5400, and does not say it is generating. The salt cell has been inspected and looks good, about 2 years old. How can I get the sanitizer to give an accurate reading or at least trick it into trying to generate chlorine? Is it generating even if it says "Hi"? Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

CGPoolman
Swimming Pool Pro
Swimming Pool Pro

Blue Haven Smartpure Sanitizer - Hi Salt reading help

Postby CGPoolman » Tue 02 Apr, 2013 14:23

UnkleMikey,

Typically with a Hi or Lo salt reading, the unit will not generate any chlorine.

Do you have the owners manual for the salt system? You can manually calibrate the salt reading, your problem could be as simple as the box needs a little adjustment. Or, your salt cell could be bad. You should be able to run a diagnostic to get the Cell Voltage and current to see if it is functioning properly. If you have good power to/from the cell, one of the sensors in the cell could be bad and you would still need to replace it.

Blue Haven is manufactured by Hayward/Goldline (I think) so you should be able to contact their tech support to try and troubleshoot further. While the Blue Haven and Hayward systems are very similar, I believe the T Cell 15 is NOT compatible with your system. However, there are some generic cells that will work with both, they cost around 250-275 bucks.

-CG

Return to “Salt Water Chlorine Generators, Ozone, UV”