Safest pool water to swallow?

SWGs, salt water chlorine generators, chlorinators,
ozone generators, UV systems, . . .
I'm new here
I'm new here
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue 16 Jul, 2013 06:31
Location: United Kingdom

Safest pool water to swallow?

Postby mattsway » Tue 16 Jul, 2013 06:50

Hi all.
I hope to be purchasing a house with a small indoor pool for year round use by myself, my wife and our severely disabled son, Jake.
When Jake goes swimming, he can't help but swallow several mouthfuls of pool water each session which seem to upset his stomach.
Obviously, in having daily access to his own pool, the total amount of pool water swallowed would considerably increase.
I would like to employ a system to minimise the chemicals in the water and have read that uv-c lamps would allow chlorine to be minimised at 0.5ppm.
Is this the way to go?
Only the three of us would use the pool and Jake is only occasionally incontinent of urine.
Thanks for any help.

I'm new here
I'm new here
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon 25 Nov, 2013 22:53
Location: United States

Safest pool water to swallow?

Postby hardis » Mon 25 Nov, 2013 22:58

In public swimming pools, continuous filtration and disinfection of water should reduce the risk of spreading illness. Although chlorine is used to kill germs and it works well, it does not necessarily kill them immediately and it may not kill them all.

Swallowing public pool water may not seem like anything particularly dangerous, but you certainly should try to avoid swallowing it.

Return to “Salt Water Chlorine Generators, Ozone, UV”

Who is online at the Pool Help Forum

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 4 guests