UV filter and hydrogen peroxide

SWGs, salt water chlorine generators, chlorinators,
ozone generators, UV systems, . . .
Griffhome
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 18K Gal, Indoor IG vinyl, Sand and UV filter, Bromine tabs.

Postby Griffhome » Thu 12 Sep, 2013 01:13

Hello!
We just put in a UV filter 3 months ago, and are wanting to switch from bromine to hydrogen peroxide. Haven't been able to figure out what level the bromine needs to be at with the UV system, currently water is cloudy and pH is ultra-low (can't get a reading). I'm going to do some BBB on it and get it all ok.
What I'm wondering is if anyone has experience with UV and hydrogen peroxide? The pool is 17.5 gallons (nearly 80 L). How much do I need to start? I can get numbers for the hydrogen peroxide, but am wondering if the UV filter changes the amount I need.
The pool is heated, indoor, vinyl. Current copper issue as well (the low ph?)
Also, if I currently have cloudiness (I do! and slimy walls!) do I need to correct that before going to h202? Or will it be better to convert to hydrogen peroxide and then adjust. I've read that you need more hydrogen peroxide to eat up the chlorine/bromine. If my levels are low now, should I not shock with chlorine but with h2o2?

hardis
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby hardis » Tue 26 Nov, 2013 20:55

You're probably familiar with a hydrogen peroxide as a topical antiseptic for disinfecting a cut or maybe for bleaching hair. What you may not know is that hydrogen peroxide is a powerful oxidizer that can be combined with ultraviolet light to disinfect swimming pools.

Return to “Salt Water Chlorine Generators, Ozone, UV”