Little to no chlorine reading

SWGs, salt water chlorine generators, chlorinators,
ozone generators, UV systems, . . .
lisaishere

Postby lisaishere » Sat 26 Jul, 2014 13:48

We have been having a hard time keeping chlorine in the pool so a couple weeks ago replaced the entire swg unit . we operate it around 75% 24/7. It is an older model Atlantis which apparently has gone out of business. Last weekend with the. Advice of a pool store, we added 8lbs of super shock and 8lbs of stablizer, both were extremely. Low. That same weekend we had several inches of rain so we didnt check levels again until monday, still little to no chlorine and still very low stabilizer. I try to collect water straight from the return lines and get an okay chlorine reading but shouldnt it be very high??? Because this make is so old the one pool store I found that does test. They wont test this one. Its brand new, how can it be bad?? Anyone know what the voltage should be or if there is another way to check it??

EastCoast

Postby EastCoast » Sun 27 Jul, 2014 21:09

lisaishere wrote:We have been having a hard time keeping chlorine in the pool so a couple weeks ago replaced the entire swg unit . we operate it around 75% 24/7. It is an older model Atlantis which apparently has gone out of business. Last weekend with the. Advice of a pool store, we added 8lbs of super shock and 8lbs of stablizer, both were extremely. Low.

What is the size of the pool?
How much time passed between adding supeshock and measuring the chlorine level?
Do you have enough salt added in the pool for your swg to function correctly? If not sure, please check the swg manual for the recommended level and get your water sample analysed in the nearest pool store.
lisaishere

Postby lisaishere » Mon 28 Jul, 2014 20:19

25000 gallons salt 5500ppm as recommended by manufacturer (but we can actually taste the salt...). I checked chlorine level an hour or so after adding super shock, got a low reading, this was last weekend. Yesterdayi collected sample straight out of return and got an ok reading, today i checked it and no chlorine. We have an old model swg with a dial you have to turn for salt percentage...the needle keeps going back to "add salt/check cell". Could the cell need to be cleaned already even though its a, brand new unit? I hate to keep adding shock and chemicals if in fact the swg is bad.

Return to “Salt Water Chlorine Generators, Ozone, UV”