Replace PCB for firmware 1.4?

SWGs, salt water chlorine generators, chlorinators,
ozone generators, UV systems, . . .
Felder747

Replace PCB for firmware 1.4?

Postby Felder747 » Sun 21 May, 2017 12:46

I'm looking to replace my dead salt cell on an aqua rite control board. The pool is only 8000 gallons, but I've got a Hayward t-15 hooked up to it with software version 1.4. After talking to an agent at Hayward they said I could only replace it with a t-15 because of how old the software is but that the t-15 would "probably last longer" because I wouldn't be demanding the full use of it. Can I replace the PCB to give myself software version 1.5 and allow me to use the generic replacements from pool supply world or even a t-5 or t-3? And is that worth it? What is more cost efficient in the long run?

Denniswiseman
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: Replace PCB for firmware 1.4?

Postby Denniswiseman » Sun 21 May, 2017 16:51

I can't tell you about the software and PCB but the general rule of thumb for sizing is to go for a 2 x your gallonage or larger
This is so your cell isn't running flat out all the time and you have plenty in reserve. Your T15 could run at 20% most of the time making it last longer

Return to “Salt Water Chlorine Generators, Ozone, UV”