Aqua Rite Generator

SWGs, salt water chlorine generators, chlorinators,
ozone generators, UV systems, . . .
que pool

Aqua Rite Generator

Postby que pool » Sun 24 Jun, 2018 16:59

I have a Aqua Rite system with a T-Cell 9 generator. First off the pool was just acid washed and refilled a few weeks ago. The issue I'm having is the the generator keeps cycling in and off. It turns be on for about 15-30 seconds then shuts off again. When I say shuts off the power and generating lights go out. No errors or anything it just keeps trying over and over again. Pool temp was high around 92, The salt is reading 0 but if you watch the instant salt reading when it trys to generate it jumps up to about -2900 but the drops back down to 0. If you watch the cell voltage it starts to build and goes up to about 17 as soon as it trys to generate it drops to 0. Generator is about 2-3 years old so it could be bad but the last time I replaced it it was a slow process. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Quentin

que pool

Re: Aqua Rite Generator

Postby que pool » Sun 24 Jun, 2018 18:23

So I just turned the generator off and the power would stay on but the voltage was staying around 18-20. As soon as I turn it on it would go crazy on the instant salt reading and shut down.
que pool

Postby que pool » Mon 25 Jun, 2018 12:06

This ended up being the limiter on the board. As luck would have it the is a company in Tampa "Salt Solutions". Took the board to them and they replaced the limiter for $95.
Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Postby Denniswiseman » Mon 25 Jun, 2018 12:27

que pool wrote:This ended up being the limiter on the board. As luck would have it the is a company in Tampa "Salt Solutions". Took the board to them and they replaced the limiter for $95.

Thanks for posting back as it may help others.
How did you find out, board problems would be tricky for most people (me included) to diagnose
que pool

Postby que pool » Mon 25 Jun, 2018 16:26

Denniswiseman wrote:
que pool wrote:This ended up being the limiter on the board. As luck would have it the is a company in Tampa "Salt Solutions". Took the board to them and they replaced the limiter for $95.

Thanks for posting back as it may help others.
How did you find out, board problems would be tricky for most people (me included) to diagnose

I was reading one of the guides on inyo pools. Scrolled to the bottom and someone posted a similar issue. Someone posted up troubleshooting steps and mentioned the limiter. Googled it and there is a couple of YouTube videos on how to replace. While trying to find the replacement part I found Salt Solutions on Amazon and gave them a call. Tech there was able to confirm the issue was indeed the limiter. Said it was a common issue but what tends to burn them out is running too high of a salt level. Said 3000 is the sweet spot to get the most life out of your equipment. Running to high or to low for extended periods can shorten the life of your board and cell.
Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Postby Denniswiseman » Mon 25 Jun, 2018 16:59

It just goes to show "The answer is out there)
Teapot
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12 x 24 (45m3) liner pool, Triton TR60 filter with AFM glass media (Activate) and variable speed pump running 0.08HP

Postby Teapot » Tue 26 Jun, 2018 14:17

That is because the conductivity changes with the salt level and that either drives the power supply too hard or is a bit like a short circuit and kills it that way.

Return to “Salt Water Chlorine Generators, Ozone, UV”