SWGs, salt water chlorine generators, chlorinators,
ozone generators, UV systems, . . .
CGPoolman
Swimming Pool Pro
Swimming Pool Pro

Goldline "Aqua-Rite" salt chlorinator problems

Postby CGPoolman » Sat 10 Aug, 2013 06:31

PGAtkinson,

If you have already replaced the cell and the flow switch, most likely it is your board. I deal with a company in Tampa FL that might be able to repair your board, or even give you a good price on a refurbished board. A refurb will be considerably less expensive than buying a new replacement. I've purchased quite a few replacement parts from them over the last 2 years and have been very satisfied with everything I get from them. Most of their guys are pretty knowledgeable as well, they might even be able to help you troubleshoot your system to make sure you get the right parts.

I'm not sure if I can post their info here, so I will PM it to you. Good luck!

-CG

**EDIT**
For some reason I can't PM you, so I will post their information here.

Salt Solutions, Inc.
5402 W. Laurel St. Suite 111
Tampa, FL 33607-1726

Phone: 877-658-7258

Mobile: 813-712-1180

http://www.saltsolutionsinc.com

PGAtkinson

Postby PGAtkinson » Sat 10 Aug, 2013 16:37

You were right, The board is bad. It looks like one of the two relays fried on the board, PN 2416H3, the one closest to the phone jack where you plug in the flow switch, it melted and burned the copper strip that supplies the relay and the board itself underneath the relay , so I doubt the board can be repaired. Thanks; I should have posted sooner before I replaced the T-15 Chlorine Generator.
peterc

Postby peterc » Sun 22 Sep, 2013 15:02

OK guys, there is a great youtube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7Ng4sOVkns
which shows that hydrochloric acid cannot dissolvethe ruthenium coating on the titanium plates no matter what!
Clerly then its ok to use the acid to clean limescale off the cell and the only reason the cell dies is because the ruthenium is used up during the chlorination process.
In other words if you use the cell a lot or have the Ph too high or turn the percentage up too high, the cell will not last as long as if you are more moderate and careful in its use.
dan chouinard

Postby dan chouinard » Sun 22 Sep, 2013 19:15

[quote="L Neff"]We have a goldine Aqua-Rite and it not lighting up at all.

We check the power to it and it is fine and we also check the fuse and that is fine too.

Do you think we need to replace the board and which one?

Can't call Goldline til Monday.[/quote]
Hautpool

Postby Hautpool » Sat 28 Sep, 2013 00:22

Trisha. White discharge could either be high calcium and/or high phosphate levels.Have your water checked by a pool store.

Postby Guest » Fri 09 May, 2014 08:11

I'm having the same problem with my light not going off. I cleaned the cell and held down the button and still on. The inside of the cell is brown which means I need to soak in acid and water combo. How much of each? I'm also having a hard time reading my numbers. They look faded or as if the background light is off. How do I get it to work right. We have had so much rain here lately and I have no salt left in the pool and just added 14 bags. Pool is 18x36, think that should raise it up but after running it 2 days straight it has only gone from 1300 to 1500, really should be much higher reading with that many bags added. Someone please advise.
rochas6865
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: we have home owner and we have a salt pool
Goldline Control,,,,and we need to know more about to mantaing the pool and good condition for a safe use

Postby rochas6865 » Sat 07 Jun, 2014 14:03

if anyone know when the board its not working,,,,
Dan8

Postby Dan8 » Sat 23 Aug, 2014 10:55

Can you tell us how to replace the sensor?
Dan8

Postby Dan8 » Sat 23 Aug, 2014 11:02

It makes no sense to buy a system that only works when everything is just right. I stopped buying Hayward products.
Dan8

Postby Dan8 » Mon 25 Aug, 2014 15:39

salt
Can you describe how you replaced the sensor ?
Dan8

Sensor replacement

Postby Dan8 » Mon 25 Aug, 2014 15:41

excel wrote:The sensor can also be replaced without having to replace the entire cell. It is a $20 part and is a very easy (less than 1/2 hr) fix.

Can you describe to us how you replaced the sensor?

Thanks
mgdtm
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 14000Gal Saltwater Hayward ProLogic

Re: Goldline "Aqua-Rite" salt chlorinator problems

Postby mgdtm » Mon 04 Apr, 2016 04:55

I anybody out there who changed the build in temerature Sensor?

Return to “Salt Water Chlorine Generators, Ozone, UV”