Aqua rite salt chlorinator cell

SWGs, salt water chlorine generators, chlorinators,
ozone generators, UV systems, . . .
jimndottie

Aqua rite salt chlorinator cell

Postby jimndottie » Sat 23 Sep, 2006 15:07

We need to clean our cell and need to know what size channel locks or monkey wrench to use to get it open. Does anyone know off hand? Thanks so much!

Jethro

Postby Jethro » Wed 25 Oct, 2006 10:52

I can take mine off with my hands. :lol:
Jeffyb84
I'm new here
I'm new here

Cleaning your cell

Postby Jeffyb84 » Fri 19 Jan, 2007 20:04

I am the Goldline Controls North East service tech, i saw your post and am hoping I can help. We recommend to clean your cell every 3 months or 500 pump run time hours, which ever comes first. ON the aquarite unit there is a warning called inspect cell, it's a light that will blink every 500 hours of run time, so in case you forget this unit will tell you. The recommended mixture is 4 parts water to 1 part muratic Acid
Greg

Postby Greg » Tue 06 Mar, 2007 14:01

You should be able to get the cell off with your hands. If you HAVE to use channel locks you will need a very large set. I use a pair that opens up to 6 inches wide. Put a wash cloth or small towel on the locking ring to try and keep from damaging it. Use the least pressure possible to get the ring to turn to keep from damaging it. Once you have one side loose, you may be able to hand loosen the other. Again, be gentle. If needed you can use a flat blade screw driver on the locking ring grips and again, GENTLY tap with a very light weight hammer.

When you put it back on hand tighten only. It should hold water fine. If not the plumbing is not properly lined up and/or the placement is bad.
patnhank

Re: Cleaning your cell

Postby patnhank » Thu 05 Apr, 2007 20:30

Jeffyb84 wrote:I am the Goldline Controls North East service tech, i saw your post and am hoping I can help. We recommend to clean your cell every 3 months or 500 pump run time hours, which ever comes first. ON the aquarite unit there is a warning called inspect cell, it's a light that will blink every 500 hours of run time, so in case you forget this unit will tell you. The recommended mixture is 4 parts water to 1 part muratic Acid

Jeffyb84,
When I open the goldline and go to clean what are some good and bad signs? I am talking general terms here. Is there going to be a white build up of scale? What is excessive that I would clean more oftten. Just looking for general rule of thumb info... thanks

Return to “Salt Water Chlorine Generators, Ozone, UV”