Can anyone help with Clormatic error code?

SWGs, salt water chlorine generators, chlorinators,
ozone generators, UV systems, . . .

Clormatic error code

Postby Guest » Fri 27 Mar, 2009 00:56

Error code 121 means 'Low current in reverse direction to cell.'

The manual says to clean the cell and check the DC power cord.

It seems to be producing chlrine

It would produce chlorine in one direction but probably won't when the polarity changes. You can expect increased scale buildup because the reverse current is poor.

Postby Guest » Sat 20 Jun, 2009 13:52

how did you solve this problem i am experiencing same replaced dc cord still error 121
Ruth Wine

Postby Ruth Wine » Sat 04 Jul, 2009 09:17

My Clormatic model is CM 301. The service code is 170, stating in manual possible front board service condition. The service light is on, but it is not beeping. All the readings on the face board appears to be fine and it is making chlorine. What do you think sould be the problem.
Thank you.
Ruth
WR221

Postby WR221 » Sat 04 Jul, 2009 14:04

:wave: :wave: :wave:
Tom in AZ

Postby Tom in AZ » Wed 15 Jul, 2009 08:01

I have a Jandy AquaPure 1400 and the flow sensor seems to be the weak link in the system. Codes 172 & 186 means the sensor is bad. Manual says try to clean it but that doesn't work. Replace it. My second one in 3 years went bad this week. Fortunately, it's easy to replace on the Jandy. Screw it in and plug it into the controller. Make sure you use Teflon tape and don’t over tighten. You'll need to use a wrench but be careful, the pipe cracks easy.
rrucker5

Postby rrucker5 » Sat 25 Jul, 2009 15:38

Tom,
Just saw your post and having the same issue with my Jandy AquaPure 1400. Quit making chlorine and the only light staying on is the "service" light and occassionally the cell reversing lt. Beeps every few seconds and error code of 172 and 186 display. Did replacing the flow sensor work for you? How does it just go bad all of a sudden? Any way to be sure that's what it is? the cheapest price I have found is $190 for the part.
MichaelinFrance

Postby MichaelinFrance » Fri 07 Aug, 2009 08:19

Did anyone get to the bottom of 194 as I have that one as well?
superdoopie
Pool Care Proficient
Pool Care Proficient

Postby superdoopie » Sat 08 Aug, 2009 11:35

194 Error code is: "Cell current is 85% lower than desired and cell voltage above 19V (generates 125 error code - Cell Dirty or needs replacement." This is from the 2009 Jandy Controls workbook.

If the cell is dirty you should remove it and soak it in a MILD solution of muratic acid and water (1:4 ratio acid to water). THe solution will bubble and fizz for a minute or two and when it stops fizzing, take the cell out and hose it off. NEVER use a metal rod or screwdriver and go poking around in there.

You should clean these things once a year for year round pool and every two for colder climates where pool is closed for 6-8 months. They say the cells should last about seven years or so.
Millerzone41

Postby Millerzone41 » Thu 20 Aug, 2009 13:00

What did anyone find out about error code 172 and 186? I cleaned the sensor like the manual said and it didn't work. Did anyone find a solution? Did a new one fix it?
superdoopie
Pool Care Proficient
Pool Care Proficient

Postby superdoopie » Sat 22 Aug, 2009 20:20

Try cleaning the probes where the cord attaches to the top of the cell.
GuruOfPools
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Expert Pool Expert.

Postby GuruOfPools » Tue 08 Sep, 2009 11:53

For the 194 code Cleaning the cell may help if the cell is scaled. If the cell is not scaled it may be failing or failed. The plates in the cell have a special mineral coating on them and as the produce chlorine this coating wears off. The average life of a cell is 5 years depending on where you live and how much you use the cell. Your goal should be to find the lowest possible % that gives you the proper amount of chlorine in the pool water. The percentage will vary with the water temperature. As the water gets hotter it will require more chlorine than when the water is colder. So you should check your water chemistry weekly and make adjustments to your output as needed. You may need to replace the cell, see note at end of this post.

NEVER just acid wash the cell because it has been a year. ONLY acid wash the cell because it has formed scale. Acid washing will remove some for the special mineral and shorten the life of the cell. Cells scale up for several reasons first and most common the pH level has gone above 7.7. This condition will cause scale to form on the cell. The other is the when the cells fail they tend to scale. If you have a chronic scale issue and your chemistry is balanced you should use a non phosphate based scale inhibitor.

For the 172 & 186 Code your flow sensor is trying to tell you it is not well. You can try cleaning the bottom of the sensor with a green kitchen scrubby thing. If this does not resolve the problem it is time for a new flow sensor. The reason it failed is the flow sensor has a heated sensor embedded in the sensor and it has failed. Hey these things happen. Why did the oxygen sensor go out in your car, they just wear out. The average life of a flow sensor is about 5 years.

For the 170 code you should be getting a second code, however it could be your front board, backboard or transformer. Check your transformer it should have 12 wires going from the transformer to the backboard. If you only have 8 wires you should replace the backboard and the transformer. That should solve the 170 code. If you have 12 wires between the transformer and the backboard then replace the front board.

For the 121 code (man these things have a lot of codes!) This is an indication your cell may have failed. You should check the cell for scale, if it is scaled then clean it with a mild acid solution (see one of the earlier posts). If that does not solve the problem you should see if your local pool company can test the cell for you. If not then try replacing the cell. Remember the average life of a cell is 5 years. These cells have a 5 year warranty (see your dealer for details).

If you would like to see a full listing of the codes for Clormatic or AquaPure with a list of recommendations to to this web page http://www.discountpoolwarehouse.com/ht ... ators.html

If you need parts do a search on the browser of your choice for Clormatic parts. There are some great prices out there.
joelbro

Postby joelbro » Sat 03 Oct, 2009 11:23

Thanks for the informatino on the 121 code! Where can I find a schmatic drawing showing how to take it apart and clean the cell?
thanks
magfla

Can anyone help with Clormatic III model CM 301de?

Postby magfla » Sat 21 Nov, 2009 10:27

My system service light is on and continues to beep. It says to refer to manual but I can't find it.
Please can you advise?
maffla

Can anyone help with Clormatic III model CM 301

Postby maffla » Sat 21 Nov, 2009 10:40

magfla wrote:My system service light is on and continues to beep. It says to refer to manual but I can't find it.
Please can you advise?
magfla

Can anyone help with Clormatic III model CM 301

Postby magfla » Sat 21 Nov, 2009 10:52

maffla wrote:
magfla wrote:My system service light is on and continues to beep. It says to refer to manual but I can't find it.There is no code #. How long dies it take
Please can you advise?

How long does it take to get a reply?

Return to “Salt Water Chlorine Generators, Ozone, UV”